An exciting opportunity has arisen to work in the Fashion industry as an Accounts Assistant/Accounts Payable for a leading Australian fashion brand.
Reporting to and working closely with the Financial Manager you will be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks:-
- Accounts Payable End to End processes including local and international creditors
- Assist in processing Foreign Currency transactions and settlements as directed
- Process journals and perform general ledger reconciliations including landed costing variations
- Assist in month-end procedures up to closure stage
- Assist in end of year audit processes
- Sales Commission payment calculations and accruals
- Credit Card reconciliations and expense claim processing
- Daily bank receipt entries and balance reconciliations
- Liaising with creditor and debtors as required
- Petty cash control and reconciliation
- Maintain or amend reports for financial reporting and sales requirements
Skills & Experience
- Ideally, you have 1-2+ years of practical accounts payable experience with knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, Xero, Niche
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in weekly and month-end procedures, an importing environment, foreign currency transactions or using Xero & Commbiz Markets would be highly regarded but not a requirement as full training will be given
- Confident and friendly person who can work well in a small team
- Work autonomously with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in high volume periods within processing deadlines
- Multitask by working between different company databases and manage multiple email addresses.
- Think outside the square and offer solutions or improvements to processes within our businesses.
An immediate start is available for this newly developed role but we are willing to wait for the right candidate.